Thursday, October 16, 2008

waiting for the mechanic.........

Today got off to a weird start...my acqaintance Yasmin Shoobridge, a fellow singer/teacher of musicy things & all round hippy & personal numerologist and shiatsuer to the stars (ok so I made that last bit up, but hey, this is my first blog, there has to be some self grandisement somewhere, doesnt there?? Popped by at around 7.30 am as she was dropping off her partner to work & thought she's drop by and meet the baby (Minerva..more about her later I'm sure) & the new flat we moved into in Wariga Rd about a month ago now........We ended up talking about life, men, the horrors of labour, and ....meridians. And stretches you can do to enhance or energise these meridians. And hey, sceptical old me had a go at a few and by jove, they work!
Am still waiting for the meachanic from Jackmans to pick up my car which is unroadworthy ...he still hasnt arrived, I still havnt showered & dressed , the baby is still sleeping although I can hear little noises emitting from her room so It wont be long til she needs another feed.....& we're due at Pixie child care centre in 1.5 hours...something tells me its going to be a not happening sort of day. On top of that I have piles of washing, & some serious music memorising to do for up coming tso concert...see Maria Grenfell's blog "The Domestic Cantata". Quite funny really, she's set a poem about the joys & intimacies of breastfeeding to music...I quite like the syncopated bits about Egyptian frogs at the start of the piece too......am looking forward to this concert after not having sung at all during pregnancy. Too busy with work & being huge & tired..........

No comments: