Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Maudlin mood.....not sure why, has been a pretty good day. I made the difficult (but I believe, sensible) desicion to unenrol myself from Enrolled Nursing. I hadnt made it to enough of the prac or tuorials to take in enough information as the wee sprite I share an abode & a life with is entering the TEETHING ZONE. And then exiting. And then reentering. Also, since she weaned herself onto formula bottles a couple of weeks back she's come home at the end of each week with another horrible cold. I will miss all those antibodies. The upshot of all this is she doesnt sleep, I dont sleep , therefore function, and so... for the next little bit I'm not sure what life will hold, except for the inevitable baby household routine (which is becoming quite comforting, actually) Long live the domestic goddess.
I even walked her in the stroller all the way to Channel Court , library & postoffice, and back up the hill again. I figure if I can control my appetite and eating habits better (which should theoretically be more possible now that I have the time and a little more energy to cook and do food planning) and do a decent half hour walk most days , I should be 50 kgs lighter in about a year's time. Give or take Christmas, birthdays, Easter, the odd bakery binge with Mum.....
Of course my ever scheming little brain has kicked into "ok I'm not studying so how am I going to make a crust now?" mode even thought I said I'd give myself 3 more months of vertiable motheriness before I started applying for things, and had the lady round thismorning from the local family day care scheme. Of course, there are always hoops to jump like putting latches on doors, film on windows, getting more beds for little bodies to nap on and putting childproof gates everywhere, which should take me until July to afford, but apparently the Government has a $1500 rebate for start up costs available to help, so not impossible. And it would be great to be with Min during her formative years, not have to plonk her in the germ factory whilst I dash off to some unrewarding job......that's assuming that I can even get one. Not exactly a career, but who cares? Going to bed to read Slyvia Plath.

No comments: