Thursday, May 21, 2009

Bride to be and the social whirl.......

Goodness gracious me, I am engaged! Spent three days in near shock after Min's Dad and my on/off me amour of 6 years or so took me completely by surprise by popping the question the other night whilst having the traditional after dinner drinky out the back.....think I surprised myself more by actually saying yes! My mother was very excited, as were bro & sis in law and the friends, colleagues and family I've managed to inform thus far....think they were all (not so secretly) hoping we'd eventually get our act together. Its a big move for Linds, he's had a very bacheloresque life for quite a bit now...
Anyway, we took the girl to the beach for bit thisarvo and managed to find a suit jacket that fitted him perfectly in less than five minutes at the local op shop, and I found a pair or witchy looking dark burgundy size 11's (yes, I am a heifer!). Now to drop quite a few dress sizes by November 14th. We're scoping out Brookfield Winery tommorrow morning as a venue. Want to keep it sweet, antiquey & family oriented. My colleague Meleah's 5 year old Meg is to be my flower girl, other roles t.b.a.
so now I have my nephew and brother 's birthdays (May 27th & 30th), Min's baptism (June 7th), Spence's name day up in Sheffield (June 20th) our engagement party (June 27th) and am back at work two graveyards a week from the 29th of May too, along with all the non work type work as well (which Linds has been a huge help with lately) & wedding preps.....sheiser....how did my simple life get so complicated all of a sudden.
Still, a very happy munckin right now, and the cat does not have the cream, I do!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

CONGRATS! How exciting. :)

Antoinette said...

Hello there. And congratulations! That's lovely news.

sharyn said...

yes too loverly to last unfortunately...:(