Monday, May 11, 2009

poem

My muse has been hiding for a few years now……….
But every now and then
She pokes a wary eye around my doorway
Or I catch a glimpse of her
Heading the other way down my street
Me with my pram, she with her glamorous
Identity,
My perverse and taunting doppelganger
Gave birth to a girl called power
Gave birth to my/her future self
Am almost jealous of her pure potential
Of all that lies ahead
All the joy and heartbreak
Things to feel & see for the first time
How good would it be’ to rewind?
But I am her willing slave
Would I make the choices differently?
If I had the chance again?
Would I just ignore the man/the yearning?
We are raw materials
Cell and blastocyst
taste and quality tested, packaged and marketed
We only choose which way to walk
In the shoes that are given to us
Today I walked out of probation
Into perdition
And he’s still driving my car

No comments: