Wednesday, June 3, 2009

moving on in......


Well it was too good to last! Minnie mouse has slept through the last three nights with nary a sqwawk but tonight has woken up and drained a bottle at 1.30 am. Guess it was my turn to do it, Linds having been a veritable domestic God today taking care of her whilst I snored away Tuesday night's return to the all night radio room shift. I'd forgotten just how hard it was to stay awake. The usual call from the police regarding local armed robbery, me forgetting how to do the prospects for the drivers, the 4.30am scramble to make sure we have enough cars for bookings etc.
I am still job hunting (seems to be a habit , really) as tommorrow our household will number three with the arrival of Linds and his stuff, and the inevitable scramble to feed us all and keep up with the bills on meagre centrelink benefits and 16 hours work a week does not sound like a great option to me.
Linds is pretty much unskilled apart from the art of loungeroom guitaring and cab driving , so unfortunately it is up to me to breadwin, at least for the time being, anyway. It doesnt really sit that easily, but what can you do? At least he is wonderful with Minerva, and me, and happy to care for her whilst I go gallavanting off to work/interviews, and , one hopes, some creative or academic type endeavors quite soon (I will die of worker droneism shortly, otherwise)
I have never actually cohabited before so that is also going to present a different set of circumstances for me.
The new owner of upstairs has timely commenced renovations (ripping up carpet and lino and angle grinding outside my bedroom window) the same week I have returned to shiftwork and havnt the tradies been receiving some deadly looks of late!! We are hoping it will all be completed by next week and the hive will return to its more orderly buzz. Mum arrives on Saturday and leaves Monday, and will have to navigate around all the stuff we've just moved in . I am so over this week already.
Oh, & my girl has finally got the hang of crawling. It still shocks me that I can put her down & will turn around and see her edging ever closer. Walking wont be far away. Where did my little baby go ??!!

No comments: