Wednesday, June 24, 2009

cars and the falling apart nature of things

Well the trip didnt exactly go as planned. But then, nothing has of late, so am not terribly surprised about that. The baby got sick (REALLY sick...projectile vomiting the poor little munchkin), we missed the party, and the car decided it needs a new alternator that I can ill afford right now. I've only just forked out $320 for a new windscreen from the last attempt at returning to work when some bastard sideswiped my car which I'd parked outside the childcare centre after abandoning it for the day due to the presence of a large hunstsman I wasnt prepared to share the commute to work with....NOW THE FUCKING ALTERNATOR NEEDS REPLACING!!(Excuse the french but the car goddesses have turned a blind eye of late)
I just cant seem to break even, let alone get ahead these days.
Still. I am grateful for: Having a devoted father for Min who is prepared to mollycoddle her back to good health when she is poorly, my beautiful accomodating and concerned mother who refuses to send me off in any danger and with a beautifully packed lunch for the trip home at the ripe old age of 32 and who I wish lived closer, that Spence is a year older, regardless of whether we could help him celebrate or not, that we are alive to see gorgeous , perfect cobwebs on a misty
Winter morning, that we have good books to read, music to listen to and a warm house to come home to, that I can have a laugh at work with another fabulous single mum and side splitting stories of her terribly bright four year old.....

Life could be so much worse. Happy solstice, all.

No comments: